Support for restoration of the Yani Kapu raid tug
On May 2020, ASTEM Foundation restored the raid tug “Yany Kapu” of the Ukrainian Navy, damaged by the Russian military during the Kerch Strait incident.
The raid tug was captured by Russia in November 2018 near the Kerch Strait. The Kerch Strait incident was an international incident that occurred on 25 November 2018 in the Kerch Strait, during which the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) coast guard fired upon and captured three Ukrainian Navy vessels after they attempted to transit from the Black Sea into the Sea of Azov through the strait on their way to the port of Mariupol. It was the first time that Russian forces had openly engaged Ukrainian forces during the Russo-Ukrainian War.
The looted ship Yani Kapu returned to Ukraine in November 2019 almost a year after the ship was hijacked by Russian invaders.
ASTEM Foundation financed its repair and helped with the necessary — tools and appliances.
- United initiative “Feeding the Country” has started its mission
- Fighting on the humanitarian front together with our Turkish and Polish partners
- Humanitarian aid for earthquake victims in Turkey
- Drones for the Armed Forces of Ukraine
- IHH Humanitarian Relief Foundation handed over a mobile kitchen to the National Welfare Fund of Crimea